U.S. immigration laws allow United States citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents to petition for their family members.  United States citizens can petition for their spouses, parents, children, and siblings, as well as fiancées, fiancés and their children.  Lawful Permanent Residents can seek benefits for their spouses and children. Other special programs also exist, such as ones for members of the military and battered spouses, children, and parents of U.S. citizens.  Attorney Jing Yeophantong has extensive experience working with families to get them united.  She also assists with waivers for individuals who are not readily eligible.

Individuals who do not have a qualifying family member may still be eligible under other programs, such as U visas for victims of criminal activities, T visas for trafficking victims, and asylum seekers.  Jing also has experience providing legal assistance to individuals who are nationals of countries designated to receive Temporary Protected Status (TPS) and DREAMERS who may benefit for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).

Jing also works with Lawful Permanent Residents who seek to naturalize and become United States citizens.  She regularly advises LPRs who have criminal convictions or have travelled extensively and assists them in their Naturalization Applications.

The first step is to assess the immigration options that may be available to you.  Please call our office at (703) 870-3989 to schedule an appointment so we can review your situation.